Here is a salad that will not disappoint! It is made with raw kale, and no – it is not bitter at all. Some of you will not need any convincing to try this, but for those of you who are in the “raw kale is too bitter” camp, I urge you to give it a try. It is yummy!
Winter Kale Salad (serves one, or two if used as a side salad)
- 100 grams Kale, chopped up
- 50 grams grated Parmesan cheese
- big handful of pumpkin seeds (I soak mine overnight in water with sea salt, then dehydrate them in a very low oven)
For the dressing:
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar (I’ve used White Wine Vinegar before; it was fine)
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
Mix the dressing ingredients together and whisk. Pour over the chopped kale, blending well Add cheese and pumpkin seeds, and….ENJOY!
I have eaten this salad immediately after I make it and it is very good. But if you want to soften the kale leaves a little bit before you eat it, simply dress the salad an hour or two ahead of time and the acid in the vinegar and mustard will make the kale less chewy.
A very forgiving recipe….I have used more parmesan cheese and pumpkin seeds when I am using this salad as a meal and it made it very substantial and filling. You can also use more or less dressing of course.